Reviscon in the Joint Cavity
- Masks the pain receptors by HA layer it forms.
- Helps the stimulation of new HA synthesis by the stimulation of synoviacytes and chondrocytes.
- Because of its filter function; while it is allowing the passage of cells that is needed by cartilage, synovium and synovial fluid; it prevents the infiltration of inflammatory cells.
- By its shock-absorbing effect, it smooths the force of sudden movement and preserves the joint
- Because of its barrier function, it prevents the destructive molecules such as proteases, pro-inflammatory cytokines and free oxygen radicals to reach cartilage and synovium
- Contributes the preservation and construction of joint cartilage and synovial membrane.
High Molecular Weight NaHA Line
Reviscon, Reviscon Plus and Reviscon Mono
- Reviscon and Reviscon Plus are intra-articular injections that contains hyaluronic acid solution.
- They are prefilled syringes for single use for intra-articular injection.
- Reviscon contains 1% hyaluronic acid (20 mg/2 ml).
- Reviscon Plus contains 1.6% hyaluronic acid (32 mg/2 ml).
- Reviscon Mono contains 2.0% hyaluronic acid (48 mg/2.4 ml).
Indication of Reviscon
It is used in the treatment of pain and loss of flexibility as a result of degenerative and traumatic changes in any synovial joint (flexible joints; such as knees, hips, shoulders, elbows, finger and toes).
It is indicated in the cases that had inadequate response to non-pharmacological concervative therapy and simple analgesics.Treatment can be applied to more than one joint at the same time. Therapy course may be repeated when needed.